Green School ] [ Sport ] [
History ] [ Pupils work ] [
Links ] [ About us ] [
Extra Curricular ] [ Archive ]
Stop 8: HOLY TRINITY CHURCH
little detour to the right and cross the road to see another of Portlaw’s
Trinity Church is situated on Church Road. It was built in 1851 and designed by
William Tinsley. The church was consecrated on September 6th, 1852. It replaced
the other Clonegam Church, which was built in 1741 and which is still used from
time to time.
building is made of sandstone and has a tiled roof. It is built in a Gothic
Revival style. There are lots of stained-glass windows. Inside the church the
floor is tiled and the seats are made of oak. The choir area and the altar are
higher than the rest of the church.